Terms & Conditions
1.1) “Half Price Printing” shall mean Print Logistics (Aust) Pty Ltd T/A Half Price Printing its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of, and with the authority of Print Logistics (Aust) Pty Ltd T/A Half Price Printing.
1.2) “Customer” shall mean the Customer (or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer) as described on any quotation, work authorisation, or other form as provided by Half Price Print to the Customer.
1.3) “Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity, who agrees to be liable for the debts of the Customer on a principal debtor basis.
1.4) “Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by Half Price Printing to the Customer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined) and are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other forms as provided by Half Price Printing to the Customer.
1.5) “Services” shall mean all Services supplied by Half Price Printing to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined above).
1.6) “Price” shall mean the price payable for the Goods as agreed between Half Price Printing and the Customer in accordance with clause 4 of this contract.
2. The Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 (“TPA”) and Fair Trading Acts (“FTA”)
2.1) Nothing in this agreement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the TPA or the FTA in each of the States and Territories of Australia, except to the extent permitted by those Acts where applicable.
3.1) Any instructions received by Half Price Printing from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by Half Price Printing shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
3.2) Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customers shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
3.3) Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are binding and can only be amended with the written consent of Half Price Printing.
3.4) The Customer shall give Half Price Printing not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change of ownership of the Customer or any change in the Customer’s name and/or any other change in the Customer’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Customer’s address, facsimile number, or business practice). The Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by Half Price Printing as a result of the Customer’s failure to comply with this clause.
3.5) Goods are supplied by Half Price Printing only on the terms and conditions of trade herein to the exclusion of anything to the contrary in the terms of the Customer’s order notwithstanding that any such order is placed on terms that purport to override these terms and conditions of trade.
4.1) At Half Price Printing's sole discretion, the Price shall be either:
4. Price And Payment
- (a) as indicated on invoices provided by Half Price Print to the Customer in respect of Goods supplied; or
- (b) Half Price Print’s current price at the date of delivery of the Goods accordingly to Half Price Print’s current Price list; or
- (c) Half Price Print’s quoted Price (subject to clause 4.2) which shall be binding upon Half Price Print provided that the Customer shall accept Half Price Print’s quotation in writing within thirty (30) days.
4.3) At Half Price Print’s sole discretion a deposit may be required.
4.4) At Half Price Print’s sole discretion:
- (a) payment shall be due before delivery of the Goods; or
- (b) payment for approved Customers shall be made by instalments in accordance with Half Price Print’s payment schedule; or
- (c) payment for approved Customer’s shall be due thirty (30) days following the date of the invoice.
4.6) Payment will be made by credit card (plus a surcharge of up to three percent (3%) of the Price), or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and Half Price Print.
4.7) GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
5.1) At Half Price Print’s sole discretion delivery of the Goods shall take place when:
5. Delivery Of Goods
- (a) the Customer takes possession of the Goods at Half Price Print’s address; or
- (b) the Customer takes possession of the Goods at the Customer’s nominated address (in the event that the Goods are delivered by Half Price Print or Half Price Print’s nominated carrier).
- (a) in addition to the Price; or
- (b) for the Customer’s account.
5.3) The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Customer is unable to take delivery of the Goods as arranged then Half Price Print shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for re-delivery.
5.4) Delivery of the Goods to a third party nominated by the Customer is deemed to be delivery to the Customer for the purposes of this agreement.
5.5) Half Price Print may deliver the Goods by separate installments. Each separate installment shall be invoiced and paid in accordance with the provisions in these terms and conditions.
5.6) The failure of Half Price Print to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
5.7) Half Price Print shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever due to failure by Half Price Print to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all, where due to circumstances beyond the control of Half Price Print
5.8) All prices on this website include delivery to Melbourne. Deliveries outside Melbourne require a custom quote through firstname.lastname@example.org
6.1) If Half Price Print retains ownership of the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Customer on delivery.
6.2) If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Customer, Half Price Print is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of these terms and conditions by Half Price Print is sufficient evidence of Half Price Print’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with Half Price Print to make further enquiries.
6.3) Whilst every care is taken by Half Price Print to carry out the instructions of the Customer, it is the Customers responsibility to undertake a final proof reading of the Goods. Half Price Print shall be under no liability whatever for any errors not corrected by the Customer in the final proof reading. Should the Customers alterations require additional proofs this shall be invoiced as an extra.
7.1) Half Price Print and Customer agree that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until:
- (a) the Customer has paid Half Price Print all amounts owing for the particular Goods; and
- (b) the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to Half Price Print in respect of all contracts between Half Price Print and the Customer.
7.2) Receipt by Half Price Print of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then Half Price Print’s ownership or rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
7.3) It is further agreed that:
- (a) where practicable the Goods shall be kept separate and identifiable until Half Price Print shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Customer are met; and
- (b) until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from Half Price Print to the Customer Half Price Print may give notice in writing to the Customer to return the Goods or any of them to Half Price Print. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease; and
- (c) Half Price Print shall have the right of stopping the Goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made; and
- (d) if the Customer fails to return the Goods to Half Price Print then Half Price Print or Half Price Print’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Customer, or any premises as the invitee of the Customer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods; and
- (e) the Customer is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as Half Price Print has received payment in full for the Goods then the Customer shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods, up to and including the amount the Customer owes to Half Price Print for the Goods, on trust for Half Price Print; and
- (f) the Customer shall not deal with the money of Half Price Print in any way which may be adverse to Half Price Print; and
- (g) the Customer shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of Half Price Print; and
- (h) Half Price Print can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Customer; and
- (i) until such time that ownership in the Goods passes to the Customer, if the Goods are converted into other products, the parties agree that Half Price Print will be the owner of the end products.
8.1) The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within seven (7) days of delivery (time being of the essence) notify Half Price Print of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford Half Price Print an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective Goods, which Half Price Print has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, Half Price Print’s liability is limited to either (at Half Price Print’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods except where the Customer has acquired Goods as a consumer within the meaning of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (CWith) or the Fair Trading Acts of the relevant state or territories of Australia, and is therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion either a refund of the purchase price of the Goods, or repair of the Goods, or replacement of the Goods.
8.2) Goods will not be accepted for return other than in accordance with 8.1 above.
9.1) To the extent permitted by statute, no warranty is given by Half Price Print as to the quality or suitability of the Goods for any purpose and any implied warranty, is expressly excluded. Half Price Print shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods, or caused by the Goods, or any part thereof however arising.
10.1) Where Half Price Print has designed, drawn or written Goods for the Customer, then the copyright in those designs and drawings and documents shall remain vested in Half Price Print, and shall only be used by the Customer at Half Price Print’s discretion.
10. Intellectual Property
10.2) The Customer warrants that all designs or instructions to Half Price Print will not cause Half Price Print to infringe any patent, registered design or trademark in the execution of the Customer’s order and the Customer agrees to indemnify Half Price Print against any action taken by a third party against Half Price Print in respect of any such infringement.
11.1) Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and one half percent (2.5%) per calendar month and such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate after as well as before any judgment.
11. Default & Consequences of Default
11.2) If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify Half Price Print from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by Half Price Print in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis and Half Price Print’s collection agency costs.
11.3) Without prejudice to any other remedies Half Price Print may have, if at any time the Customer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), Half Price Print may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Customer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. Half Price Print will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage the Customer suffers because Half Price Print has exercised its rights under this clause.
11.4) If any account remains overdue after thirty (30) days then an amount of the greater of twenty dollars ($20.00) or ten percent (10.00%) of the amount overdue (up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00)) shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
11.5) Without prejudice to Half Price Print’s other remedies at law Half Price Print shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Customer which remains unfulfilled and all amounts owing to Half Price Print shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable in the event that:
- (a) any money payable to Half Price Print becomes overdue, or in Half Price Print’s opinion the Customer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or
- (b) the Customer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- (c) a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Customer or any asset of the Customer.
12.1) Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which Half Price Print may have howsoever:
12. Security And Charge
- (a) where the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Customer and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to Half Price Print or Half Price Print’s nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under these terms and conditions. The Customer and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that Half Price Print (or Half Price Print’s nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be withdrawn once all payments and other monetary obligations payable here-under have been met.
- (b) should Half Price Print elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Customer and/or Guarantor shall indemnify Half Price Print from and against all Half Price Print’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- (c) the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) agree to irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint Half Price Print or Half Price Print’s nominee as the Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this clause 12.1.
13.1) Half Price Print may cancel any contract to which these terms and conditions apply or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice to the Customer. On giving such notice Half Price Print shall repay to the Customer any sums paid in respect of the Price. Half Price Print shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation.
13.2) In the event that the Customer cancels delivery of Goods the Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by Half Price Print (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation. 4
14.1) The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree for Half Price Print to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Customer and Guarantor/s in relation to credit provided by Half Price Print.
14. Privacy Act 1988
14.2) The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree that Half Price Print may exchange information about the Customer and the Guarantor/s with those credit providers either named as trade referees by the Customer or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- (a) to assess an application by Customer; and/or
- (b) to notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer; and/or
- (c) to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and/or
- (d) to assess the credit worthiness of Customer and/or Guarantor/s.
14.3) The Customer consents to Half Price Print being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
14.4) The Customer agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by Half Price Print for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Customer and Half Price Print or required by law from time to time:
- (a) provision of Goods; and/or
- (b) marketing of Goods by Half Price Print, its agents or distributors in relation to the Goods; and/or
- (c) analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to provision of Goods; and/or
- (d) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Customer; and/or
- (e) enabling the daily operation of Customer’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer’s account in relation to the Goods.
14.5) Half Price Print may give information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- (a) to obtain a consumer credit report about the Customer; and/or
- (b) allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Customer.
15.1) If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
15.2) These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of Victoria and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
15.3) Half Price Print shall be under no liability whatever to the Customer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Customer arising out of a breach by Half Price Print of these terms and conditions.
15.4) In the event of any breach of this contract by Half Price Print the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods.
15.5) The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against or deduct from the Price any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by Half Price Print.
15.6) Half Price Print may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Customer’s consent.
15.7) The Customer agrees that Half Price Print may review these terms and conditions at any time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which Half Price Print notifies the Customer of such change.
15.8) Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
15.9) The failure by Half Price Print to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect Half Price Print’s right to subsequently enforce that provision.
16. Return & Refund Policy
16. 1) Returns
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
16. 2) Refunds
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
16. 3) Price Match - not applicable when:
Half Price Printing reserves the right to not match a price should it fall under the cost price.
Competitor's clearance lines, display stock items, liquidation sales, limited stock offers; or
Where the lower price is as a result of a mistake by the competitor.
16. 4) Shipping
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us.